As we covered in the definition, it basically consists of the parts, the hook, the split shot and the lure.After attaching the hook to your line of choice, add the lure of your choice. If you see your situation calls for more shot to be added, add it about one inch from the last using the same method above.When fishing a split shot rig, after the cast, allow the lure to sink for a couple of seconds then start your method of retrieval. The good thing about a split shot rig is, it very readily accommodates finesse fishing as well. The ability to add or reduce weight as needed allows for more time in the water and less time tying. The ability to add or reduce weight as needed allows for more time in the water and less time tying.A split shot rig is one of if not the easiest rigs to set up and use. You simply have to keep the weight in contact with the bottom. For example, freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, and Many anglers will agree that the split shot rig is the go-to for When using a split shot weight in a saltwater situation, often more weight will be needed to produce a better sink rate.By using a split shot rig, this makes adding more weight much easier than most of the other rigs by allowing the angler to simply attach the shot to the line.Fishing split shot is a favorite among bass anglers as well. If more than one weight is needed, for example, to produce a faster sink rate, more split shot is added. It may not fall off, but it will not stay where I put it. Maximum bottom contact is essential. Removable Split Shot Fishing Weights Sinker Fishing Supplies Gear and Equipment 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 Oz. 4 sold. Often this is a soft plastic often a worm. DINSMORES 7 WAY SPLIT SHOT FISHING DISPENSER SOFT SHOT CARP FISHING WEIGHTS.

When I squeeze a shot onto the line I expect it to stay where I put it. 50 Each. We love hearing from you so feel free to drop us a comment.The weight of the lure and style of fishing you are implementing would also make a difference in the amount you would use.We're always looking to improve our articles to help you become an even better fisherman.Hi, I’m Jon and I created Cast & Spear because I believe everyone deserves to catch fish. Split shot is soft enough to allow the shot to be squeezed around the line.Once attached, you are ready to fish. Any deeper and you'll lose contact with the bait. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.While you're here, why not follow us on Facebook and YouTube? The split shot rig for bass is a game-changer! £5.50. What are the best split shot weights used for float fishing and ledgering, and what to look out for.