Due to the sheer scale of this comment community, we are not able to give each post the same level of attention, but we have preserved this area in the interests of open debate. Even now, with 21 England caps to his name and seemingly a firm place in Fabio Capello's set-up, "Hello, how are you?" try again, the name must be uniquePlease Only the Stone Roses saw artistic merit in the place that Wes Brown will always call home. {{#replies}} www.independent.co.uk/.../the-making-of-wes-brown-972824.html He wanted to get them all into football and doing something, instead of hanging about and messing about," Brown says. But the inspiration was the man whom he knew only as 'Mr Williams' (inquiries later reveal he answers to the name Graham) – the deputy head and basketball coach. "That carried on even when I had got in at United. "Except you weren't allowed to use your hands in net," Brown recalls.The draw of the place has become stronger than ever in the past eight months. "The United men were also still his heroes as he graduated through the United Academy, where he had arrived aged 12, though those were days when a real hierarchy still existed, apprentices cleaned the first-team's boots and Brown was allocated Eric Cantona's. After months of negotiation, he finally secure the £50,000-a-week contract last April which will keep him at the club until at least June 2012. Done deal He plays for Sunderland F.C. The most insightful comments on all subjects try again, the name must be unique Ms Fallows, was 36 and three months pregnant when she died in hospital. Please I'm just so glad he's still going. There were no particular rules. I've always enjoyed cycling too, and one of the memories of growing up was the day I rode between Manchester and Blackpool to raise some money – I think my mum said it was £300 in the end – for the premature baby unit where my brother Clive was born early.Manchester United may be historically famed for its youth policy but as the standard required to make the grade, or even enter the academy, has risen it has become increasingly rare for local lads like Wes Brown to progress into the senior team.In the season Brown made his debut 11 players born in Greater Manchester played for United. "There were no conversations with the Frenchman whose boots he polished before the 1996 encounter with Roy Evans' Spice Boys. {{#replies}} Good enough, in fact, to win the English schools' basketball final circa 1995. "The last part is also certainly true of Brown's formative years after he had left St Chrysostom's CE primary school, a few hundred yards from his own front door, for Burnage Secondary, when football was hardly at the forefront of his mind.Ask Brown who he looked up to there and you might expect him to say his football coach. The Longsight Crew are as much in operation as ever and it is just over a year since shots fired in the street killed a 23-year-old at a funeral wake.The street will always have immeasurable meaning to Brown though. Former International: "He'd say: 'Maybe you can open up. He was good like that," Brown says, his characteristic calm demeanour disguising some of the obvious pain of his loss. There are no comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts