Generally, the correlation of temperature results are as follows:. We use cookies to enhance your site experience and for analytics purposes.Under arm temp is never reliable. They'll know it's probably higher internally. Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask.

)You read the temperature as it is.

Anything up to around 102 is usually not too worrisome ... Hi.

There are many devices used to measure a child's temperature, including an ear thermometer , temporal thermometer which you apply to the forehead , or a mercury-free oral or rectal thermometer. Don't add, just report to the doctor that the temp was taken under the arm.

I ... Fever is greater than 101.5. I took my daughters temperature under the arm do I add or subtract a degree? For infants, you should use the rectal method, which is the most accurate, as even a slight fever in a newborn can prove to be very dangerous. If that's the case, her temp would be 104.2 and that is getting pretty dangerous! A temperature measures body heat.My 3 year old has a temp of If that's the case, her temp would be With all this new tech stuff, you think they would make a thermometer where it would just be accurate! Show Less.

When you talk with your doctor about your temperature, be sure to say what method was used to take the temperature.Among all of the symptoms that kids may have, fevers seem to be the one that parents worry about the most.

ASk your doctor to set you ... A fever is generally accepted to be an internal temperature over 100.5, utilizing either an oral or rectal thermometer. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback. Autonomic nervo ... Underarm temp is approximately0.3 -0.5 c lower than oral temperatures. It should record a degree lower than normal body temp. Mercury-free rectal thermometers are the most accurate but can be uncomfortable. Show More.

This isn't the most reliable method of temperature taking because how much clothing they do/do not have on and how they were laying prior to temp taking can affect it, but it is a safe guesstimate if something is wrong. add or subtract a degree under the arm temperature.

Last updated on Jun 19, An axillary AK-sih-lar-e temperature TEM-per-ah-chur is when your armpit axilla is used to check your temperature. While the ambient temperature ... Crushing of the tissue.

Not a nurse but I think you do add a degree. Consider also premature babies with ver ... Not very long. She gets very sick each year with croup around this time of year and she seems to have it right now. It's easier to remember that as opposed to what is normal in what area. Lindie, Healthcare Expert . Any temperature above this is technically hyperthermia. Write down the time and your axillary temperature each time you take it. So stick with the temperature you see. Keep in mind that taking a temp via (Axillary) is not generally as accurate if it was taken rectal or oral. ... Add a degree to underarm temp.

Health Professional: Lindie, Healthcare Expert replied 11 years ago. For example, if the thermometer reads the temperature as 97.6 degrees Fahrenheit, add one degree, making it 98.6 degrees, which is a normal body temperature.Although normal body temperature is commonly considered to be 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit, it is also considered normal to be one degree above or below that.Catrina Hamid has been writing professionally since 2005. However, several methods that measure the internal temperature, including oral, axillary, rectal, temporal and ear have been found in various studies to all be accurate ways to take a temperature. It is normal for your basal body temperature to drop right before your period starts.

Only strictly use rectal temp for kids (they are too young to protest!). A fever is considered to be a rectal, ear or temporal artery temperature of Talk to your doctor about what temperature range they would consider a fever and about the recommended treatment. Although price varies, you should be able to find a decent one for around $10.Clean the thermometer with rubbing alcohol before first use.Wait at least twenty minutes after eating, exercising or bathing before attempting to take temperature, as these things may affect the result Press the button to turn on the digital thermometer. Many signaling pathways are initiat ... A recital temperature is considered a core temperature, or as-good-as-it-gets.