Speaking of fans, the Nexus + fan hub allows control of up to nine case fans.The Meshify S2 comes in at a retail of $149, and it is available in a few different flavors including black and white, and with light or dark tinted glass. In a unique instance of refinement eliminating constraint, the Meshify S2’s modular open layout is all but an end to hardware restrictions. I had no trouble attaching either side panel.I opted to mount the cooler's radiator at the top of the Meshify S2. I think most users will keep the two 2.5-inch drive sleds in their default locations, but you can relocate them onto the top of the PSU shroud (on the other side of the motherboard tray) if you prefer to mount your SSDs on the side of the chassis where they can be seen through a window.Speaking of the Meshify S2's PSU shroud, it runs the length of the space, providing plenty of room for even long PSUs.

If you click an affiliate link and buy a product or service, we may be paid a fee by that merchant.The Scandinavian case maker Fractal Design pulled features from some of its existing models to create a chassis with plenty of cooling options and an eye-catching, clean exterior.Vertical-mount video card riser not included standard.Nifty front-panel texture, but front fans aren't lit to highlight it.After being assigned to the computer-science wing of his college dormitory, Josh quickly became one of the most tech-savvy English majors around. Like black diamond facets, the angular asymmetry of the Meshify carves a space uniquely its own as a new force in high-airflow design. Like black-diamond facets, the angular asymmetry of the Meshify C carves a space uniquely its own as a new dominant force in high-airflow design. I'm sure some buyers would rather see LED fans in the front panel, but lights might compromise the case's sleek, stealthy personality, so I can see why Fractal Design skips them. The kit is an organized builder's dream.The accessories kit features two reservoir mounting brackets that can attach to slots on the motherboard tray.

The display of third-party trademarks and trade names on this site does not necessarily indicate any affiliation or the endorsement of PCMag. These days, Josh is back at his favorite job: testing new hardware. Many users—particularly, experienced ones who have worked with subpar cases before—won't blink at the price premium.Anyone can appreciate the Fractal Design Meshify S2's roomy design and quality materials, but experienced DIY hounds will adore this PC case for its massive cooling support and build-friendly features.PCMag.com is a leading authority on technology, delivering Labs-based, independent reviews of the latest products and services. There are many cases in the sub $100 range, but you would have to buy two or three cases to get the features found in the Meshify S2 - which of course is not practical. Meshify S2 boasts immense cooling capacity with three Dynamic X2 fans, nine total fan positions, 420/360/280mm radiator mounts, built-in pump and reservoir support, and an innovative removable top bracket. The Meshify S2 Black Tempered Glass (TG), meanwhile, sports a lightly tinted glass left-side panel that gives you a clear view of the case's interior. With a full feature set that includes massive water cooling support, space for up to nine fans and support for up to an extended ATX (E-ATX), the Meshify S2 can handle pretty much any build you can throw at it. This is the kind of case that would sync well with a power supply that has white cables, and a motherboard with silver or white highlights.As much as I like the tempered-glass side panel, the Meshify S2's front panel is its signature feature.

The inset there is removable, though I didn't need to remove it (just the mesh layer) to install the radiator.I installed a Corsair RM850x PSU by removing the frame at the back of the PC, which has two thumbscrews, and sliding the PSU into the case from the back. Upon graduating, he began reviewing computers for the magazines Smart Computing and Computer Power User. That's because its design is rooted in two of Fractal Design's long-running PC-chassis lines: the Meshify and the Define. On top of that, the case maker separates the parts into resealable bags. Case: I love it.